The day is August 2nd. Melo is about to sign with the Rockets. And if you don’t live in a market like Boston, New York, Houston, or Chicago, you probably don’t care about Major League Baseball.
We are all dying for something more! We want College GameDay on our TVs. We want to spend our Saturdays crackin’ open cold ones with the boys. We want to wake up at 11:59 AM and watch the NFL RedZone timer tick down to zero.
For those of you who share this feeling with me, this countdown is for you. This is the official countdown to fall football.
Note: This countdown will go through December 31st.
Today – Thursday, August 2 – Bears vs. Ravens – 8:00 PM ET – NBC
- Get your
pitbullspopcorn ready! The second coming off Mike Vick – Lamar Jackson – takes the field tonight against first-year HC Matt Nagy’s Chicago Bears.
7 days – Thursday, August 9 – Preseason Week 1 – 7:00 PM ET
35 days – Thursday, September 6 – Atlanta @ Philadelphia – 8:20 PM ET – NBC
- Week 1 of the NFL begins with a 2018 NFC Divisional Round rematch in which the Eagles defeated the Falcons 15-10. There will be no Color Rush uniforms on this glorious Thursday night, but alas, NFL football will have officially resumed.
112 days – Thursday, November 22 – Thanksgiving Day Football
- The best pairing with your turkey is a three-pack of football to watch while you pass out on the couch. This Thanksgiving we’ll be blessed with the Bears @ Lions, Redskins @ Cowboys, and Falcons @ Saints.
150 days – Sunday, December 30 – Week 17
- The final week of the regular season comes one day before New Year’s. Can’t wait to see the 8-7 Browns make one last playoff push.
23 days – Saturday, August 25 – FBS Kickoff
- The Week 1 Saturday slate is highly unlikely to draw your attention unless you’re a gambling man. Here’s what you’ve got to choose from: Duquesne @ UMass, Prairie View @ Rice, Hawaii @ Colorado State, and Wyoming @ New Mexico State
28 days – Thursday, August 30 – Power 5 Kickoff
- Starting at 7 PM ET, Power 5 football is back. Thursday night we have New Mexico State @ Minnesota, Northwestern @ Purdue, Wake Forest @ Tulane, Missouri State @ Oklahoma State, Weber State @ Utah, and Northwestern State @ Texas A&M
30 days – Saturday, September 1 – Michigan @ Notre Dame – 7:30 PM ET – NBC
- The marquee Saturday night matchup of College Football’s season opening weekend is the Wolverines taking on the Fighting Irish. In other words, two underachieving programs will fight to end the season just outside the College Football Playoff conversation.
31 days – Sunday, September 2 – Miami vs. LSU – 7:30 PM ET – ABC
- The annual Jerry’s World showdown will showcase the U and the pride of Baton Rouge. This is a must watch for the casual college football fan. We will no doubt be wondering if the U is actually back should they come out on top in Dallas.
135 days – Saturday, December 15 – Bowl Season begins
149 days – Saturday, December 29 – College Football Playoff Semifinals
- This year’s CFP Semis are the Capital One Orange Bowl in Miami and the Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic at AT&T Stadium in Arlington.
Fellas… the time has come. Our favorite time of the year is finally here, and if you haven’t started prepping for Fantasy Football season, you better jump on it.
Hop on whatever bandwagon you want because now is the time to do so. Considering I go to the University of Kansas, I know I will…
Anyways, football begins tonight so be sure to plan accordingly.