Another year and another chapter in the books. It was fun. It was exciting. It was excruciating. And I’m really pissed off.
Here is my pain: I lost in the semis and lost two championship games. I was in three leagues and still have yet to win a crown in my playing days. Both championship losses came in rather dramatic fashion. Today is a new day. And I’m over it.
We all know nobody cares about our fantasy football teams, but I like to think there is some compassion and some empathy to go around to all of my fellow losers… us losers will be back next season. And we will be gunning for you winners somewhere lower than the head or neck area.
Without further ado, lets rehash some of the moments this season that may or may not have ruined your hopes of fantasy valor and/or instead, sent you plummeting all the way into the “Sacko Bowl.”
- You benched Amari Cooper when he dropped 50… honestly what were you thinking here? I mean the guy had been on absolute tear.
- Juju’s fumble against the Saints last night extinguished the small flame that was keeping your championship dream alive.
- Drew Brees forgot who Michael Thomas was and threw TDs to Christian Kirkwood, Tommylee Lewis, Dan Arnold, and whoever the fourth guy was.
- You benched Derrick Henry in the playoffs when he rushed for 4 TDs and 238 rushing yards. Sheesh.
- You had Keenan Allen and Adam Thielen combine for 3 points in two juicy Week 15 matchups.
- You drafted Le’Veon Bell. In my opinion… this one is on you. If you don’t know what handcuffing in fantasy football is, it is time for you to learn.
- You drafted David Johnson. This one was a home run swing to begin with. I just hope you didn’t take him in the top 5 of your draft.
- The player formerly known as Rob Gronkowski. I hate to say it, but I think Gronk is on the outs as a professional football player. The WWE and XFL are probably outside his door as I’m writing this. Don’t make the mistake of drafting him too high ever again.
- Lastly, I feel for you if you drafted any one of Larry Fitzgerald, Kenyan Drake, Dalvin Cook, Leonard Fournette, Jerick McKinnon, Devonta Freeman, Shady McCoy, and Carson Wentz. It was not and was never meant to be…
There are many omissions from this shortlist I comprised off the top of my head. If you have any blunders, mishaps, or stories worth sharing, I will read them with open arms.
To those of you who came away victorious, congratulations. One of your skills in management, intuition, waiver-claiming, trade-r**ing, or luck payed dividends this season. I salute you.
And best of luck next season.
Cover Photo By Keith Allison from Hanover, MD, USA – Adam Thielen, CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=64039174